Friday, July 4, 2014

Curbside find

A Granny's favorite! The people down the road were moving and left this lovely rocker for the trash. My husband saved it and brought it home (He likes free stuff!) After checking it out I find it is a original vintage THONET! Name carved and numbered. These suckers are rare and this one is just about in perfect shape. The only ones I could find were a few on Ebay and sellers were asking 500 dollars or more. Their chairs were trash compared to this one. Hmmmm is this a good thing? If the chair was just a Walmart special I could of listed it on a local garage sale site and made 25 bucks. Now I feel I need to keep it in my tiny overfilled house, make no money and pass it onto my heirs. grumble

3 comments:

  1. Heh, no fair, your site is way cuter than mine already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let it go.... Let it go.... It's a very pretty chair, but I say get the $500 and lose the clutter. I hate clutter!

    ReplyDelete